The best reason to insulate is also the simplest: to make your home more comfortable for you and your family. Adding insulation creates a more uniform temperature — so you’re warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
There are other great reasons to insulate. Insulation can be a smart decision if:
- You have an older home and have not added insulation. According to a recent survey, only 20% of homes built before 1980 were well insulated.
- You’ve built a new house or addition, or installed new siding or roofing, without adequate insulation.
- You want to lower your energy bills. Insulation can prevent your heating or air conditioning equipment from needing to run non-stop.
- You’re bothered by noise from the outdoors. Adding insulation helps to muffle sound, making your home quieter.
- You’re concerned about the effect of energy use on the environment. By adding insulation, your heating and air conditioning systems won’t have to consume as much energy.